Appointment bookings are required for passport applications and notarial services in Port Moresby and Lae. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances.
Appointments at the Australian High Commission in Port Moresby and the Australian Consulate in Lae are available between 8.30am – 4.00pm, Monday – Friday excluding public holidays.
Clients should arrive 5 minutes prior to appointments for security screening. If you arrive late for your appointment you may need to wait until an officer is available.
Appointments can be made between 2 hours and 3 months in advance. Please ensure that you attend the appointment you book. Refer to your appointment notification email if you need to reschedule or cancel your appointment.
Please do not book more than one appointment for the same service for the same person. If multiple appointments are made, we may cancel additional appointments. Please ensure you select the correct type of service when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
Fees are in Australian dollars and charged in local currency, Papua New Guinean Kina. This means fees may vary month to month. Updated passport fees are available here and notarial service fees here.
Australian Embassies, High Commissions and Consulates introduced passport and notarial appointments to:
- provide a better service to clients by reducing wait times
- balance demand for our services throughout the week from peak periods
- increase the efficiency of passport and notarial services so that we can increase and improve services
Visiting our offices during COVID-19
- To protect you, our staff and the wider community, from the spread of COVID-19, you will be asked the following questions prior to entering our office:
- Do you have COVID-19?
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19, or other serious illness, disease or virus?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or TB?
- If you answer yes to any of the above questions, you may not be permitted entry to our office and will need to contact us via email or phone to discuss your options.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel the appointment by clicking on the link in your confirmation email.
- You must bring and wear a mask. We may ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located in the waiting areas.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is not responsible for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the online appointment booking system. The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information and/or services provided at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for keeping apprised of all information and/or services provided in this booking system.